Oncology Nursing Certification Review
DATE: September 28 & 29 TIME: 8:00am -5:00PM
LOCATION: Biltmore Hotel – 2151 Laurelwood Road – Santa Clara, CA 95054
Salon I & II
Faculty: Jane Clark, PhD, RN, AOCN
DESCRIPTION: This 2-day course provides an overview of the nine major content areas of the OCN Test Blueprint and successful strategies for preparing and taking the OCN examination. The course is designed for nurses who are preparing to take the OCN examination, who need to earn continuing education credits toward recertification, or who would like a comprehensive review of basic oncology nursing.
OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the major elements of the OCN test blueprint and test-taking strategies
- Describe the impact of the scientific basis and standards of oncology nursing practice to the care of patients with selected site-specific cancers.
- Apply the nursing process to the care of patients with cancer and their significant others across the cancer care continuum.
- Identify key elements of nursing care and safety for the patient receiving selected major treatment modalities for cancer.
- Apply the nursing process to the care of patients experiencing symptoms associated with cancer and cancer treatment.
- Discuss nursing care of patients identified as high-risk for selected oncologic emergencies.
- Select evidence-based nursing assessments and interventions for patients experiencing distressing psychosocial responses to cancer and cancer treatments.
MUST ATTEND BOTH DAYS for CE CREDIT
BROWN PAPER TICKETS: https://bpt.me/4290574
Cost of Course $350 (Breakfast, Lunch, Refreshments and Course Material Provided)
For any questions, please contact Dana Stevens, SVONS Chapter Membership at email@example.com
Silicon Valley Oncology Nursing Society approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 10031 for 14.99 contact hours.